Monday, May 24, 2010

It's official

Tonight I had the honor of becoming the Republican Party endorsed candidate for HD 26A.  The other candidate for endorsement, Nate Dotson, is a great guy and friend of mine.  We actually spent last Saturday morning cleaning the ditches along I-35 for the BPOU's Adopt a Highway program.  How is that for party unity!

After the first ballot, I was two votes shy of 60%, and Nate graciously asked for a unanimous endorsement for me.  I am humbled and honored, and I look forward to the next 161 days until election day.
I was pleasantly surprised to see the number of people who knew what the ribbons are, so clearly military service is still held in high esteem.  I will be setting up a campaign website in the next few days, and tomorrow I will head up to St Paul to file the paperwork with the Secretary of State.

No comments: