Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Waiting by the phone

Back in 1992, I messed up on my taxes. Dumb mistake really, and when the IRS caught it I got a letter in the mail announcing the error, which added to the interest made for a hefty bill. I paid it and then proceeded to read up on the tax system in the US so I wouldn't make the same mistake twice.

So with the news that President Obama has now made one, two, count 'em three picks for cabinet or high administration posts, I am waiting by the phone for my job offer. I'm certain that I am uniquely qualified for some job.

Come to think of it, I am mostly done preparing my taxes for 2008. If I go back and change my return to leave out some income, will that improve my chances of getting a call from the One?

Update-turns out that 2 of 3 are now out of the running. I'm not sure if that means my chances are worse, or if there are just more job openings available.

Update 2-since i am doing the Mr Mom thing, we will be hiring a nanny while I do my two weeks National Guard training. Anyone know where I can find an illegal alien to watch my kids?

No comments: